by Gladys T. McGarey, MD, MD, (H)
For many thousands of years the energy systems of the human body have been represented in countless different ways. As our knowledge of science has advanced we have been able to see this energy in ways that allow us to understand the symbology which has been passed down to us through the ages of time. Budhu’s Path To Enlightenment gives us a lighthearted way of getting to know ourselves.
About the Author
Gladys Taylor McGarey, M.D., M.D. (H), has been a family physician for more than sixty years. She is board certified in Holistic and Integrated Medicine. She is internationally known for her pioneering work in holistic medicine, natural birthing and the physician-patient partnership. She was the co-founder of the American Holistic Medical Foundation. She is known as the Mother of Holistic Medicine. Her work through her foundation, The Foundation For Living Medicine has helped expand the knowledge and application of holistic principles through scientific research and education. She and her Foundation are currently actively involved in healthcare reform. Their recently published position papers that articulate a new vision for healthcare are widely distributed. She is author of four books, The Physician Within You, Born To Live, and Living Medicine and The World Needs Old Ladies.
Pioneering Accomplishments Include:
- Co-Founder, the American Holistic Medical Association
- Pioneered Fathers in the Delivery Room
- Co-Founder, the Academy of Parapsychology and Medicine Created only ARE Clinic based
on the work of Edgar Cayce
- First to utilize acupuncture in the US and trained other physicians how to use it.
- The International Academy of Clinical Hypnosis began in her living room.
- Founded the Gladys Taylor McGarey Medical Foundation to bridge the gap between holistic
and traditional medicine.
- Taught safer birthing practices to rural women in Afghanistan resulting in decrease in
infant and small child mortality
- Created a task force comprised of more than 100 holistic physicians and other professional healthcare providers to envision a new medical model in response to the need for healthcare reform and work toward its implementation